Production Runner/ Production Assistant
Full Clean UK Driving Licence
I am a confident, hard working and experienced Production Runner with a range of skills and experience in the office, on location and in the studio. Being proactive, highly organised and passionate, I have successfully secured work on a number of high profile productions including BBC Dragons' Den and The One Show.
I possess a number of skills including, planning, researching, pitching ideas, using a Sony Z1 and digitising.
WRG Creative Communications Sept 09- July 2011
I am currently working as a Production Assistant in the Film and TV department of WRG Creative Communications Ltd.
- Researching; sourcing stock footage and stills, licensing music and finding locations.
- Taking care of the logistics of shoots: booking locations, accommodation, travel and preparing all call sheets.
- Assisting the in-house editors: Archiving tapes, digitising, encoding and making DVDs.
- Organising couriers, taking care of the post and ordering client lunches.
- Using the online budgeting system Procim to raise job numbers and purchase orders.
- While on Location my role is a Floor Runner, assisting all crew and looking after cast/contributors.
BBC Manchester: The Manchester Festival Coverage July 09
I worked with the BBC for 3 weeks covering The Manchester International Festival for; The Culture Show, BBC North West Tonight, BBC Radio Manchester and BBC Manchester online.
Channel M: News Jan-Feb 09
- Using a Sony Z1 to capture footage of live concerts and audience reactions.
- Filming various interviews with organisers, artists and celebrities including Lauren Laverne and Guy Garvey.
- Arranging and carrying out interviews and vox pops with members of the public.
- Coordinating the audience while filming at large events, ensuring consent forms were completed and Health and Safety guidelines were followed.
I worked as a Trainee Researcher at Manchester’s award winning television station, based in the news department.
BBC Current Affairs: The One Show Sept-Oct 08
- Researching contributors and carrying out brief telephone and email interviews.
- Planning and organising interviews, including finding suitable locations.
- Carrying out vox pops with members of the public.
- Interviewing various contributors ranging from MPs such as Hazel Blears to the Chief Constable of Manchester Peter Fayh.
I worked as a Trainee Runner in BBC current affairs in Manchester, working on insert films for BBC’s The One Show.
Basement Multimedia Ltd July-Aug 08
- Assisting on shoots, helping with contributors, aiding the presenter and handling kit.
- Taking care of tapes and keeping a log of what was being captured.
- Researching potential case studies using Neon, 192.com and Cameo.
- Generating and researching potential ideas for film inserts.
- Researching and gathering archive footage.
- Transferring the relevant archive footage on to a tape in preparation for the edit.
I worked as a Trainee Runner in this well-known post production house in Manchester.
- Loading and digitising the rushes in to the Avid suites.
- Breaking down the footage in to sub clips in preparation for the edit.
- Taking care of the office duties; answering phones, making calls and sending emails.
- Taking care of the clients ensuring they were happy at all times throughout their visit.
BBC Entertainment: Dragons' Den April-May 08
I worked as a Trainee Runner on BBC’s flagship programme Dragons’ Den.
BBC Religion and Ethics: Miracle on the Estate Jan-Feb 08
- Organising and filming auditions using a Sony Z1.
- Transferring the footage and making DVDs of the auditions.
- Phoning up and targeting enterprise centres and universities to raise awareness of the application process to possible participants.
- Carrying out research into possible participants and businesses to take part.
- When in the studio I worked as a Floor Runner while filming was taking place.
- Shadowed the Director while in the gallery.
- Helped out in the green room taking care of the entrepreneurs and making sure everything was running smoothly.
I worked as a Trainee Runner on this BBC1 documentary.
- Taking care of general admin; making phone calls, sending out info etc.
- Carrying out research using BBC’s research library and Neon searches.
- Supporting the contributors while on location, managing the public and running errands.
- Taking a log of what was being captured while on location.
- Obtaining consent from members of the public and contributors.
- Logging the rushes to tight deadlines.
- Runner/ Location Marshall: "Captain America" movie. Marvel- Sept- Oct 10
- Camera Assistant: Kellogg’s Exercise Video. Table Twelve Media- Sept 09
- Floor Runner: “Pisees” Music Video. Basement Multimedia- July 09
- Camera Assistant: “Cambridge Diet” corporate video. Table Twelve Media- June 09
- Floor Runner: “Seven Seas” commercial. Basement Multimedia- July 08
- Basic/ Intermediate use of a Sony Z1 camera.
- Basic/ Intermediate knowledge of Avid; digitising and creating sub clips.
- Proficient using Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Experience researching; sourcing stock footage, licensing music and finding locations.
Industry Course Completed
- “Lights Camera Action”, Sony Z1 and 3 point lighting 3 day training course.
- Practical safe lifting manual handling course at the BBC.
- Practical fire awareness course.
- BBC online Health and Safety course.
- BBC Safe guarding trust course both face to face and online.
- NVQ Level 3 in Television Production ( Advanced Apprenticeship in TV Production)
- Level 3 Diploma in Media Techniques.(Distinction)
- Level 2 City and Guilds certificate: Audio visual industries induction.
- 8 GCSEs including an A in media studies, 2 B’s in English, 3 more B’s and 2 C’s.
- Level 2 DIDA qualification in digital applications for ICT.
- Excellent references are available on request